Update: 2021 Conference Rescheduled
The Conference on Parental Rights at the Franciscan University of Steubenville (Ohio) that was formerly scheduled for April 9–10 has been rescheduled for October 15–16 of this year. The move is in response to shutdowns and travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
The conference will feature more than a dozen speakers and professional experts covering a wide range of parental rights issues. Among them are Parental Rights Foundation president Jim Mason, founding president Michael Farris (now executive director and general counsel with Alliance Defending Freedom), and board members Stephen Krason, PhD, and Detroit attorney Allison Folmar, Esq.
The event is being sponsored by the Franciscan University of Steubenville’s Veritas Society, the Society of Catholic Social Scientists, Home School Legal Defense Association, Alliance Defending Freedom, and the Parental Rights Foundation, among others.
A book on parental rights will be compiled from papers by each speaker on their assigned subject, and the book will be made available at the conference.
Topics covered by both the book and the conference include the following:
- “False Child Abuse Allegations, the Child Protective System, and the Threat to Parental Rights,”
- “Parental Rights and Parental Involvement in the Public Schools,”
- “In Defense of Homeschooling: A Response to Professor Bartholet and the Recent Academic Critics of Parents’ Rights to Educate Their Children,”
- “Parental Rights and the Minority Community,” and
- “The Legal Defense of Parental Rights in the US and Internationally.”
The Franciscan University of Steubenville prides itself on offering conferences that are academically significant, yet accessible to anyone with an interest in the subject—and this one promises to be no different.
So please mark your calendar for Friday and Saturday, October 15–16, 2021, and make plans to join us in Steubenville. We’ll send you more information as the date approaches. (Those booking flights will find Steubenville, in the far eastern part of Ohio, conveniently accessible from Pittsburg, PA.)